The Parish of Saint Charles Borromeo R.C. commission by The Design Alliance is the renovation an existing from 1846 Neo Classical Brooklyn Heights townhouse Convent. This work consisted of surveying to determine the existing physical building condition, architecture, structure, and mechanical building systems.
The Design Alliance developed a program or scope of work that would best suit the needs of the Parish in the alteration of 31 Sidney Place, and cost effective manner. The purpose of the of the alteration of the Convent, was to provide a pressing need for housing the Clergy, as well having the building render a variety of services to the community. The building was constructed in 1846, and every attempt was made to salvage/reclaim original building components and systems.
This historic renovation required an understanding of how different components, their age, style, and function would interact with each other, to provide a harmonious integration. The advantages of today's technology, was also integrated with the beauty and function of the building's past.