The Design Alliance provided the design study for a new 12000 sq. ft. spinal injury research facility and robotics laboratory. Burke Rehabilitation Hospital was founded in 1915 and designed by architects McKim Mead and White.
Challenges for the new infill building addition were to design a new exterior facade in relationship to the defined neo-classical style and within the campus' arboretum. Designed spaces included ancillary support for classrooms, research laboratories, presentation lounges and lecture areas for the researchers, scientists and physicians.